Trilokinath Yatra with Mrikula Mata
Duration : (2 Nights / 3 Days)
Destinations Covered : Trilokinath|Udaipur|Keylong|
Trilokinath temple is situated in the district of Lahaul – Spiti on the north eastern extremity of Himachal Pradesh, bordering the highlands of Tibet. It is a popular pilgrimage & revered site for both Hindus and Buddhists. The temple’s name Trilokinath refers to the ‘Lord of three worlds”. A marble idol of Trilokinath here is sacred to the Hindus as Lord Shiva and for Buddhists as Avalokiteshwara. It is crowned with an image of the Buddha of Boundless light – Amitabha Buddha. Tibetan prayer flags, built in Pagoda style deck the entrance of the temple. The stone carvings on walls, doors and pillars on each side of the door are exemplary and known as Dharma and Paap.
The 3 Days- 2 Nights Trilokinath Darshan Yatra package gives you an opportunity to embark on a religious tour to the ancient temple that enshrines 12th century, 6 armed marble statue of Lord Shiva along with darshan of Mrikula Mata at Udaipur
Main Highlights of the Trip
- Trilokinath Temple
- Mrikula Mata Temple-Udaipur
- Rohtang Pass
Trilokinath Temple with Mrikula Mata
Route Map for Triloknath Trip
Triloknath Temple with Mrikula Mata Itinerary
Day 01 Kullu to Keylong 158 Km 07 Hrs.
We will leave early in the morning to take care of unforeseen delays. You can have your breakfast at Kothi though there are some other options on this highway at Marhi also. As we start our journey, leaving the lush green countryside of Manali towards Rohtang pass (3,978 Mts.) , you can find a dramatic change with the lush green head of Kullu Valley on one side and an awesome vista of bare, chocolate – colored mountains, hanging glaciers and snowfields that shine in the dazzlingly crisp fight on the other side.
After crossing the pass if the weather is clear, you get the first glimpse of the magnificence lying ahead. From the green valleys in the foreground to the striking expanse of snow covered Himalayan wall on the horizon, the breathtaking spectacle is the first indication of the splendour up ahead. It commands an unique view of the eternal snow line, the inviting green peas and potato fields.
Between Marhi and Keylong, Koksar is the only place to eat, so have your lunch in Koksar.After travelling for 44 Kms, we will reach Keylong. Evening at leisure with overnight stay at hotel in Keylong.
Day 2: Keylong-Trilokinath-Udaipur-Keylong
In the morning we will drive along the Keylong- Udaipur road towards Trilokinath. The Patan valley with river Chenab or locally “Chanderbhaga flowing through it, is enchantment galore at every bend. The entire area is full of valleys and snow covered peaks. This area is a dream land for Landscape photographers.
After reaching Trilokinath seek blessings and experience the marvelous architecture that has stone carvings on doors, pillars and walls. These pillars have great religious and philosophical significance as they stand for Dharma and Paap.If you get a chance to visit in mid August, you can be a part of an annual three-day Pauri Festival that brings Hindus and Buddhists together.
Later proceed for Mrikula Devi temple at Udaipur, the temple is unique and famous for its wooden carving on its roof and ceiling. There is a belief that, on visiting Udaipur Marikula Mata temple, one should not say, LET US GO.In the afternoon we will drive back to Keylong for night stay.
Day 3: Keylong to Kullu
Wake up fresh in the morning and start your return journey towards Kullu.We will follow the same route passing through Sissu-Koksar-Gramphu-Rohtang-Manali to reach Kullu in the end.
Some tips for visiting Rohtang Pass
Things to Carry: The sun's rays are harsh enough to burn your skin, while shaded areas remain cool enough to wear a jacket. It's best to pack clothes in layers, and carry full-sleeve T-shirts, sun hats, sun glasses and any other sun protection you can find.
Mobile Connectivity: Only BSNL works in Lahaul region & most of the other areas.
ATM : It's advisable to carry enough cash from Kullu as there are very less ATM in the region & their functioning is also erratic.
Getting Permits : Indian identity holders going to Lahaul, from Kullu, do not require permits to enter Lahaul-Spiti. Foreign identity holders entering Keylong via Manali have to get their identity and passport checked at Koksar.
Police Station: Keylong Tel: 01900-222223, Udaipur Tel: 01909-222210
Hospital: Civil Hospital, Keylong 01900-222211 Tourism Office: H P Tourism (01902) 222349
- Accommodation for 2 Nights on twin sharing basis at Keylong.
- Visit to Trilokinath Temple,Mrikula Devi Temple.
- All transfers & sightseeing by private Maruti Alto/Tata Sumo/Toyota Innova depending on the number of passengers.
- All driver allowances,toll,parking & fuel charges etc.
- Any entry fees, Monument entry fees.
- Extra Food purchasing, Extra Shopping.
- Any Snow / Water Activities like Paragliding, River Rafting etc.
- Any Air/train fare.
- Any heater charges.
- All other items and services not specified above.
- Any other expenses incurred due to bad weather, flight cancellation, landslides or road closed due to govt. or any union etc.
- Items of personal nature, porterage, tips, laundry, mineral water, pony rides, optional tours.
- Any additional night shall be charged on pro-rata basis.
- Service Tax extra (as applicable).
Terms & Conditions
- Transportation as per itinerary only (not available at disposal)
- The package does not include guide services. These can be availed at an additional cost
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel’s cancellation policy
- The above package is not valid from Mid November to May as the roads are closed in Lahaul Valley.
- Tour Trip Mart reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.