Triund Weekend Package
Duration: – 1 Night & 2 Days
Grade: – Easy to Moderate
Physical Level: – Intermediate
Season: – March – November
Locations: – Dharamshala and Bhagsu Nag Temple.
Highest Altitude: – 2875 meters
After working hard all month, you deserve a little break. Why not enjoy a long weekend or a mini vacation with a 2 or 3 day getaway? TourTripMart.com expertly takes care of your travel details so that you are free to fully enjoy your vacation experience.
Plan Triund Trek, and make the most of your vacations in the Himalayas. It is a two-day expedition, which promises to bewitch you with ethereal natural beauty & the first glimpse of this amazing grass top ridge and mesmerizing views of the ‘Moon Peak’ right next to it is bound to leave you speechless and turn you into a storyteller
Triund trek starts from the village of Bhagsunag, which is roughly 1 km from the beautiful hill station of Mcleodganj. From here, you will trek for 2 kms to the Galu Devi(2310m) temple passing through Dharamkot village (2100m), and constantly face altitude gain with a steep ascent. After that there is a gradual ascent for 1 km. The last one km of the trek is again steep ascent passing through the Rhododendron forest. On reaching Triund (2875m) you will witness the massive snowclad Dhauladhar Mountains in your backdrop & vast Kangra Valley in your front.
Main Highlights of the Trip
- Camping in Tents at 9500 feet altitude.
- Local & experienced english speaking guides.
- Safe storage for luggage.
Route Map of the Trip
Day 01: (McLeod Ganj to Triund Trek) 9 Kms Trek
Day Highlights: 9km/5-6 Hours Trek, 1750 Meters to 2875 Meters
In the morning, we will begin our Triund trekking tour from beautiful hill station of Mcleodganj. In the first phase of the expedition, we will trek the steep ascent of 2kms until we reach the temple of Galu Devi.After having your packed lunch proceed for Triund.The trek from Sh. Gallu Devi temple gets a bit of tough, with steep curves and moderate trails. It takes you about four hours (leisurely trek) and three hours (fast trek) to reach Triund Hill. On your way to Triund you will come across two refreshment shops first one named Magic View Cafė at a height of 2,500 meter and other is Best View Cafė. Continue your trek after a rest and you will reach Triund Hill within 1 or 2 hours depending upon your stamina. Enjoy the dinner with bonfire & gaze at the milky way, as the silence of millions of stars above the Himalayas hums you to sleep.
Day 02: ( Triund to Mcleodganj)
After breakfast capture some last-minute selfies with Moon Peak in the background & start walking back to Mcleodganj. However this time, weather permitting, we will take a hidden path – a trail not many trekkers are aware, and will pass through a quaint patch of wilderness.On reaching Mcleodganj we will drop you at the busstand,board your Volvo for New Delhi with memories for a lifetime.
- Accommodation for one night.
- Packed Lunch,Dinner,breakfast & bed tea.
- Local experienced & licensed english & hindi speaking guide.
- Water proof Tents.
- Trekking equipment like sleeping bag, mattresses, crampon and utensils.
- Kitchen and dining tents
- Safe storage to store your luggage while you are on your Triund trek
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions is excluded from the package.
- Extra Food purchasing, Extra Shopping.
- Any Snow / Water Activities like Paragliding, River Rafting etc.
- Any Air/train fare.
- Any heater charges.
- All other items and services not specified above.
- Any other expenses incurred due to bad weather, flight cancellation, landslides or road closed due to govt. or any union etc.
- Items of personal nature, porterage, tips, laundry, mineral water, pony rides, optional tours.
- Any additional night shall be charged on pro-rata basis.
- GST 3.09% will be applicable extra only on bill.
Things to Carry:
- Warm and comfortable clothes.
- Good quality trekking shoes, slippers and extra pair of socks.
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturisers.
- Water bottles, trendy backpack and energy bars/snacks.
- A pair of sunglasses and camera.
- Caps or hats.
- Personal toiletries and basic medication (if any).
- Flash light (with spare batteries).
- Insect repellent and emergency medical kit