Duration : (5 Nights / 6 Days)
Destinations Covered : Amritsar| Dalhousie|Khajjiar|Dharamshala
Explore the picturesque hill towns of Dharamshala popularly known as "Dhasa" or "Lhasa", Dalhousie-nestled among rolling mountains & rich in colonial architecture with Gothic styled churches,Khajjiar-"The Mini Switzerland in India" & the city of Amritsar which is a glittering showcase of compound traditions and secular culture. During this meticulously-planned itinerary of 6 Days & 5 nights, you will have a memorable holiday by visiting the popular attractions of the region and also visitng two major Devi temples in North India- Chamunda Devi & Kangra Devi.
Main Highlights of the Trip
- Retreating Ceremony at Wagah Border.
- Amritsar sightseeing & visit to Golden Temple.
- Dalhousie Churches with visit to "Mini Switzerland-Khajjiar".
- Dalai Lama's Temple at Mcleodganj with Dal Lake & Bhagsunag.
- Chamunda Devi & Kangra Devi Darshan.
- Complimentary Breakfast with stay in quality hotels.
- 1 Night Amritsar,2 Nights Dalhousie,2 Nights Dharamshala
Route Map of the Trip
Day 1: Amritsar Arrival
On arrival at Amristar airport/Rly station, our local representative will recieve you & will escort you to the hotel.Check in at the hotel and fresh up.In the afternoon proceed for Wagah Border & be a part of the flag-lowering & retreat ceremony between the Border Security Force of India and the Pakistan Rangers.
Day 2: Amritsar to Dalhousie
Wake up early in the morning & visit the Golden Temple,return back to the hotel.After breakfast visit Jallianwala Bagh,Durgyana Temple etc.Later proceed for Dalhousie via Pathankot.The drive from Pathankot towards Dalhousie is very enchanting & you will be mesmerized by the magnificient views of RanjitSagar Lake.After driving for about 75 kms from Pathankot you will reach the beautiful hill station Dalhousie, located at a height of 9000 feet and rich in colonial architecture.Check in to your pre-booked hotel & relax.In the evening you can browse through shops at Tibetan Market located near Gandhi Chowk of Dalhousie for souvenirs or stroll at The Mall .Overnight stay at hotel.
Wake up fresh in the morning and have your scrumptious breakfast at the hotel.Today we will take you the JandriGhat Palace which is a beautiful colonial style bungalow surrounded by lush green deodar and pine trees.On your way back journey visit Panchpulla where water from natural resources flow under five bridges. In the afternoon we will visit St. Andrew's Church built in 1903 & St.Francis church built in 1894.In the evening take a refreshing walk on the ThandiSadak of Dalhousie.Night stay at hotel.
Post breakfast proceed for Khajjiar “The Mini Switzerland in India” and enjoy the lush green meadows surrounded by thick pine and cedar forests.Later visit the temple of Khajji Nag & Pandav tree near the temple which has six shoots of same height representing five Pandavas and their common wife Draupadi.Late in the afternoon drive towards Dharamshala via Jot and admire the mesmerizing scenery, the cool breeze and the verdant greenery sprinkled all around.In the evening after reaching Dharamshala(Mcleodganj) check in to your hotel & enjoy your sleep.
We will start are sightseeing tour by visiting McLeodganj which has a distinctly different character, with its brightly painted buildings, Buddhist temples, prayer flags fluttering in the air and saffron monks and nuns hurrying along the streets. You will be visiting the main Buddhist temple or Tsuglagkhang (cathedral). It is believed that the temple resembles the one in Lhasa, and is surrounded by red and gold prayer wheels that are set in motion by devotees to scatter prayers in the air. Later visit the Norbulingka Institute; it has a four-and-a-half meter gilded image of Buddha besides over a thousand painted images on its walls.
After spending time on the Mall Road we will visit Dal Lake along with Church of St. John in the Wilderness, built in 1860. In the evening if time remains we will take you with us to The Museum of Kangra Art which has a collection of miniature paintings from the Kangra School, some local jewellery, excellent traditional wood carvings, and copies of some paintings by 20th century Russian artist Nicholas Roerich. Later return back to the hotel for night stay.
In the morning check out from the hotel and visit Chamunda Devi temple.The Chamunda Devi Temple is a shrine to the wrathful form of Goddess Durga or Chamunda who in Hindu Mythology is the symbol of female power. The idol of Goddess Chamunda in the temple is considered so sacred that it is completely hidden beneath a red cloth and is kept so always. Seek blessings from Goddess Chamunda & proceed for Kangra Devi Mata or Brajeshwari Temple at Kangra which is popular for its elaborated fabrications along with the rich rituals performed there. The main deity of this temple is Brajeshwari Devi who is also known as Vajrayogini . She is also the incarnation of Parvati, the Goddess or Aadi Maya on the Earth.After spending some time in the temple proceed for Una.If time remains we can also visit the Jwala Ji devi Shaktipeeth which is on way to Una.On reaching Una we will drop you at the railway station for your onwards journey.
Note: We can also arrange your drop at Pathankot,Jallandhar,New Delhi or Chandigarh railway station.
- Accommodation for 1 Night on twin sharing basis at Amritsar.
- Accommodation for 2 Nights on twin sharing basis at Dalhousie.
- Accommodation for 2 Night on twin sharing basis at Dharamshala(Mcleodganj).
- Complimentary breakfast.
- All transfers & sightseeing by private Swift Dzire/Toyota Etios.
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- Wagah Border & Golden Temple Amristar.
- Dalhousie sightseeing along with trip to Khajjiar.
- Dharamshal(Mcleodganj) sightseeing.
- Visit to Chamunda Devi Temple & Kangra Devi shaktipeeth.
- All driver allowances,toll,parking & fuel charges etc.
- Any entry fees, Monument entry fees.
- Extra Food purchasing, Extra Shopping.
- Any Snow / Water Activities like Paragliding, River Rafting etc.
- Any Air/train fare.
- Any heater charges.
- All other items and services not specified above.
- Any other expenses incurred due to bad weather, flight cancellation, landslides or road closed due to govt. or any union etc.
- Items of personal nature, porterage, tips, laundry, mineral water, pony rides, optional tours.
- Any additional night shall be charged on pro-rata basis.
- GST will be applicable extra only on bill.
|Amritsar||Puri Palace||Hongkong Inn||Golden Tulip|
|Dalhousie||Ark/Similar||Comfort Inn/ Saagrika||Grand View/ Indraprasth|
|Dharamshala||Anupam Resort/ Similar||Anand Palace/ Karnika Resort||Snow Hermitage/Asia Health Resort|